So now that you have learned the basics of what flat track roller derby is from our “What Is Roller Derby” link, let’s get you started to becoming a skater with SDRD!
First and foremost, WFTDA Requires that ALL skaters are to be 18 years of age and older, so unfortunately we cannot accept minors. (However, there is NO maximum age limit). Gear requirements are also set by WFTDA and are non-negotiable. We do take some hard falls from time to time and these will help keep us happy and healthy to continue doing what we love to do.
- Mouth Guard
- Elbow Pads
- Wrist Guards
- Knee Pads
- Quad skates (inline skates are NOT allowed unless you are a referee)
- “Loaner Gear” is available on first come-first serve basis and must be returned to league at the end of every practice
If you have any questions for SDRD, feel free to message us using our “contact SDRD” link and one of our members will be happy to help! You can also come meet us in person at our practices. We know meeting a big group of outgoing women can sometimes be intimidating, so feel free to bring a friend with you! None of us bite and we are all easy to talk to. Don’t feel like you’re interrupting us by showing up either, WE WELCOME IT!
- Mondays- 6pm-8pm at Pacific Beach Recreation Center
- Wednesdays- 6om-8pm at Dana Middle School
- Practice fees are currently FREE (limited time only) so take advantage of it while it lasts